Sunday, August 8, 2010

mexican salad


picture and recipe courtesy of shade clothing blog
I made this last week and it was delicious.
salad ingredients:
tortillas
romaine lettuce, chopped
3-4 green onions, chopped
½ bunch cilantro
1 (15 oz.) can black beans
¼ c. pitted black olives, chopped
sweet pork
shreddedCheddar cheese, grated
1 lg. tomato, diced
1-2 avocados, diced
spanish rice
Arrange as many oven-safe bowls that will comfortably fit on a cookie sheet. (My ceramic cereal worked perfect) Place one tortilla in each bowl, pressing down the bottom and forming the shell up the sides of the bowl. I sprayed mine with a little bit of olive oil. Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes until shells are brown around the edges.
sweet pork:
1 lb pork roast (I used a pork tenderloin)
1 cup salsa
1 cup brown sugar
place pork in crock pot. mix salsa with brown sugar and pour over pork. cook on low 6-8 hours. shred and return to crock pot to soak up sauce.
Creamy Tomatillo Dressing
I intended on making this dressing, but when i got to the store I saw a cilantro dressing that looked really good, so I bought that. next time I want to try to make the dressing.
1 ½ c. prepared buttermilk Ranch dressing
2 tomatillos, peeled, seeded and cut in half
4 Serrano chili peppers, seeded
10 sprigs cilantro
1 lime, juiced
Combine ranch dressing, tomatillos, peppers, cilantro and limejuice in a blender or food processor and processing until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate dressing in airtight container up to two weeks. Liquid may separate, but simply stir dressing until well mixed.
Assemble salad in tortilla bowls. I layered rice, then beans, pork, and all salad toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment