Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu


I made chicken cordon bleu last night for the first time. Turned out pretty dang good. I know this one does not need much explanation, but thought I would share a trick.

Since rolling them is sometimes pretty tricky (and messy), not to mention I don't have a meat pounder, I instead sliced the chicken breast in the middle to make a little pocket, then rolled up a slice of ham and swiss cheese, and stuck it in the pocket. They turned out perfect.

ingredients:
chicken
swiss cheese
butter
bread crumbs
after stuffing chicken breast, roll it in melted butter and then roll in bread crumbs. bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.
I would love to hear any other variations/ideas for cordon bleu.

3 comments:

  1. I do a variation of the same thing. Sometimes I use an alfredo pasta sauce on the top as a cream sauce. It's super yummy! What's really funny is I was just thinking of making this too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so beautiful! I used to make this--used the Knorr Hollandaise sauce package...and spread on top before baking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of stuffing it like that. I always have cheese oozing out the sides, so that works out nicely. I use cream of chicken soup or make a chicken gravy to put on top. Yum!

    ReplyDelete